Thursday 28 November 2013

Zom-B Baby by Darren Shan‏

Summary from Goodreads

B has spent the last few months bunking with the Angels, a group of teens dedicated to eradicating the evil dead from the face of the earth, beginning with the undead roaming the abandoned wreckage that was once London. But the Angels' mission is a bit more complicated than that, and B takes to the streets of a very changed London to decide: is it a mission really to be believed? But instead of answers, B finds a horror beyond imagining.

Hardcover, 224 pages
Published September 26th 2013 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books

My Review

I LOVED this instalment! I actually think it's the best of the lot so far.

I'm not going to lie, this book is a little different from the others, in that not a lot of big things happen. This story is mostly all about B, she really grows as a person, matures (a little) and really just tries to find her place in this new world. She wants to belong and is trying to figure it all out on typical snarky B style!

B takes some time out from Dr Oystien and his Angels, after his little God talk. She isn't a believer, so she takes a step back to mull things over. She thinks the good doctor is raving mad and she's not one to be talked into anything.

The arrival of a certain zombie baby had me very excited indeed. We first heard about the zombie babies in the first book, when B has nightmares about them - so it was awesome to finally meet them in the flesh. It said some very strange things and I can't wait to see what the freakish little thing will do next.

As always the fantastic illustrations really bring these stories to life, but if I'm completely honest, I'm not a big fan of the red being added - I thought the back and white looked ace!

Zom-B Baby is written ghoulish perfection. The pacing is fast, furious and to the point. There is lots of character growth and I loved the big kick-ass action scenes. I always find that these books are over far to quickly for my liking and I just wish that I didn't have to wait on the next moreish book.

4.5 / 5 Stars!

*Special thank to Simon and Schuster for the review copy*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me lovely people! :)