Thursday 11 April 2013

The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen


Summary from Goodreads

The girl he thinks he loves needs to disappear. I don't want tonight to be irreversible, so I pull away, breathing him in one last time.

Ella and Micha have been best friends since childhood, until one tragic night shatters their relationship and Ella decides to leave everything behind to start a new life at college, including Micha.

But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella's skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he's determined to win back the girl he lost, no matter what it takes.



Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: April 11th 2013 by Sphere (first published October 2nd 2012)
 
My Review
 
The Secret of Ella and Micha is an absolutely stunning book that is tense, full of emotion, passion and will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside!
 
I simply adored everything about this beautiful story. I think what makes it so fantastic is the sizzling chemistry between main characters Ella and Micha. I have never seen compatibility like it before and I really couldn't get enough of the super sexy pair.
 
The writing is super and I very easily and quickly got wrapped in all things Ella and Micha. Jessica Sorensen conveys emotion beautifully and I really couldn't read her stunning words fast enough.
 
I love Ella - she is definitely my kinda girl! but holy cow, Micha is something else entirely - I have the biggest book boy crush on the guy, his confidence is so appealing and I could completely understand how Ella melted under his alluring gaze!
 
The storyline follows Ella and Micha - who are childhood best-friends, but a shocking incident forces Ella to run away from Micha, leaving everything behind!
 
When Ella returns home after 8 long months, Micha is still there and is determined to get his girl! I adored watching as their beautiful friendship is stretched into something more and the confusion and nerves come into play!
 
There is a lot more to the storyline than Ella and Micha's romance though - there is a lot of underlying issues in both of their pasts that will need to be addressed if they have any hopes of trying to move on.
 
There is also really great secondary characters in here that I can't wait to get to know better!
 
The ending is perfect and I was thrilled with the outcome! This is one fabulous book that I would have no problem recommending to the masses! I'm finding it hard to contain my excitement for the next book as I'm already missing these moreish characters!

5/5 Stars!

*Special thanks to Sphere for the review copy*

Carly :)


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this one so much, Carly! I'm not sure if it's for me (not just yet, anyway), but it's great to see you were happy with it. :) Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds amazing! I love stories when best friends become something more. Micha sounds swoonworthy! Definitely picking this one up. This is the first review I've read, so thanks for putting it on my radar. Amazing review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I'd love to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a fan of this author. This book does not disappoint
    Very sexy and romantic. Loved the fast pace of the book. Read it in one day. Michael is definitely the "bad boy" with a deep soul that we all love to love.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me lovely people! :)